Sunday, October 31, 2010

I'm an extreme Pantser

I recently read this blog post from author J.N. Duncan, and it's not the first time I've read about the difference between pantsers and plotters. But one thing all the articles I've read on this topic have in common, is that I don't fit on the spectrum. Not the one described anyway.

I'm an extreme pantser.

When I first started writing my current WIP I had no idea of the plot, any of the characters, setting, conflicts - basically anything that makes a story. I just sat down one day and started writing. As I wrote the characters started showing themselves, the main conflicts were hinted at, the world grew and the plot unfolded. Same goes for the short story I recently wrote.

So you see, the spectrum is even larger than people (usually at the plotting end of the scale) ever thought. I'm proof.

1 comment:

  1. Larger than life, Sari! (some folks lives, anyway!) :D

    ReplyDelete